About the Department
The Department was started under university P.G College which was established as an affiliated centre of Osmania University 1980 by the district education development society for Higher Education Karimnagar. It was inaugurated by the former Prime Minister Late Sri P.V Narsimha Rao. Subsequently in the year 1993 it was transferred to administrative control of Kakatiya University, Warangal. In the Academic year 2008-2009 the P.G centre at Karimnagar has been upgraded as Satavahana University.
The department is at presently offering Under Graduate, Post Graduate courses and Ph.D Progrmme.
I. Under Graduate Courses:
- B.Com. (General)
- B.Com. (Computer Applications)
- B.Com. (E-Commerce)
- B.Com. (Taxation)
- B.Com. (Insurance)
II. Post Graduate Courses:
- M.Com. (Financial Accounting)
- M.Com. (Computer Applications)
- M.Com. (Insurance and Banking)
III. Ph.D Programme
M.Com Courses offered in University Campus and University Post Graduate College
|COURSE||DURATION||CAMPUS INTAKE||UPGC, GDK INTAKE||SPECIALISATION|
|M.Com (General)||2 Years||30||40||Banking & Insurance & Accounting & Finance|
The Department is equipped with well qualified and trained faculty and a well planned curriculum inclusive of summer training programme in an organization, where the students are exposed to the real organizational situations to enable them to build up decision making skills. Till now thirty nine batches are gone out from the department.
The Faculty who served the department:
1) Prof. Abbas Ali (Retd), Department of Commerce, Osmania University, Hyd.
2) Prof. Akber Ali Khan, Dean, Department of Commerce, Osmania University, Hyd. and Former Vice-Chancellor, Telangana University, Nizambad.
3) Prof. Purushotham Rao (Retd) Department of Commerce, Osmania University, Hyd
4) Prof. T.Joga Chary, (Retd) Department of Commerce and Business Management, Kakatiya University, Warangal.
5) Prof. G.V Bhavani Prasad, Department of Commerce and Business Management, Kakatiya University, Warangal
6) Prof. K. Omprakash, Department of Commerce and Business Management, Kakatiya University, Warangal.
7) Prof. Shaik Ahmed Hussain (Retd) Department of Commerce and Business Management, Satavahana University, Karmnagar and presently working in USA.